Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Cogar - Goodnight Ballivor (1/4)

Cogar ~ Goodnight Ballivor ~ John Quinn!


Back in 1996 RTE radio did a documentary on the above and it's one of those that tend to stay with you,
By coincidence, a year or so later I was picking someone up from Navan Hospital when a gentleman asked me how he might get back to Ballivor and I replied, "Goodnight Ballivor, I'll sleep in Trim" to which he replied, " I'm the man who played the accordion on that show" and we spent a few moments talking about things. John Quinn is a writer and broadcaster from the south Meath village and in the above he reminisces about the village he grew up in. He also contributed a number of pieces to our magazine over the years. The above documentary is from TG4 and is one of the best. ( Yet to watch!) Loaded by bpkilmer and with thanks, a public service, loading the above. Hopefully I'll be able to find the other parts. 

No comments: