Sunday, September 24, 2023

Bruce Springsteen - Highway Patrolman ( Lyrics )

Bruce Springsteen ~ Highway Patrolman!


June the first 1981 was a fine and sunny day but I was driving in the wrong direction. On the other side of the road cars were bumper to bumper and heading for Slane in County Meath and the Bruce Springsteen concert. Now looking that far back there are not too many days you can remember where you were or who you were with. But I was on the Navan to Trim road and like I said, going in the wrong direction. The other driving memory I have of Bruce is of turning onto Tahlia Street in Jeddah down near the Jamjoon Centre and the above playing on the tape deck and something about it and again like I said there are not too many days you can remember where you were or who you were with. The above tells of a moral choice that is almost an absolute though the place-names have been argued about. There are other Bruce songs that I like but I can't remember where I was when I heard them first. I believe he's not too well at the moment, so wishing him the best. Yesterday was his 74th birthday. He was born on Saturday the 23rd of September 1949. The above was loaded by 'Don Mac' and with thanks.   

No comments: