Monday, May 7, 2018

The Meath Writers' Circle/May Meeting 2018!

The Meath Writers' Circle/May Meeting!



Only a small number turned out for our meeting last Thursday night with the focus on getting material in for our yearly magazine, though other items were also discussed. The highlight of the night though was the short story reading by Peter Farrelly on our ability to communicate through speech and the part played by our canine friends and all told perhaps in the context a chance encounter. And happy outcome. One of the best I've heard. I remember Orla O' Driscoll reading one many years ago in Dunshaughlin and a guest reader of The Boyne Writers in the Knightsbridge and one or two in Boyne Berries and Willie Hodgins has one locked away somewhere but that's about it for outstanding. But allow for that I don't read many short stories. The "Shawshank Redemption" I remember and "Stand By Me" and they were by Stephen King and both made into films after. Now I must go.

No comments: