Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Why should you read James Joyce's "Ulysses"? - Sam Slote.

Bloomsday 2021!


Posted by Sam Slote ~ TED Ed and with thanks, this one I have to admit is a novel I've never read and must get around to. The intro though suggests it's a little more than difficult and without that knowledge maybe shouldn't be attempted. I'd imagine most people have walked away after a few chapters lost as to what was going on. Would have made for a great television series with a few notes thrown in but we don't do drama here unless it's of the soap variety. The local drama groups are long gone and our radio stations are addicted to other interests especially foreign football teams. I couldn't imagine driving into a small Yorkshire village and getting the results of a Leitrim Roscommon football game or a local Hurling match but I suppose that's what you call indoctrination or maybe good advertising nous. People become what they digest. How'd I get on to this tack? Something for Bloomsday!  

No comments: