Sunday, April 25, 2021

RTE Concert Orchestra Perform: John Lennon!

 RTE Concert Orchestra Perform: John Lennon!
To mark his 40th anniversary.

This was shown about a week ago and I think it was recorded last December. That said it was a fine production allowing for the fact that some of the orchestra were wearing masks and others not. Difficult with wind instruments I'd imagine. Better if they'd spaced them out a bit. I don't know whether my ears deceived me or not but did they drop the odd word or two from one of John Lennon's best known ballads. Haven't gone back to check but if I'm wrong: Hands up. I was also watching the film 'Rosie' back then and it's about a mother desperately trying to find accommodation for her children for the night and ending up having to sleep in a car park. I don't know about you but that sort of thing annoys me and the fact that it seems to be acceptable by the powers that be. The film stars Sarah Green and if you haven't seen it, worth a looksee. Remember the protest movements and the promises. We're politically correct about everything now in case it offends but not when it comes with a price.    

No comments: